Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fennel Salad

Fennel is one of those vegetables I never ate before I found out about all my allergies and had to come up with new veggies.  It's now one of my favorites!  This salad is quick to make and satisfies that "crunchy urge" I sometimes get.


Fennel Salad - makes 2 servings
1 large bulb fennel
2 T olive oil
2 T lemon juice
salt
white pepper

Trim the top and bottom from the fennel and slice in half.  If you have any fronds still attached, reserve about 1/4 cup for garnish.  One half at a time, slice the fennel as thinly as you can with a sharp knife.  Combine the rest of the ingredients and toss with the fennel.  Sprinkle with reserved chopped fronds.  You can eat this right away or let it marinate in the refrigerator for about 1/2 hour.

Variations:  This is also good with thinly sliced radishes or apples added.  And I had a variation of it at a restaurant where the fennel was julienned and mixed with julienned apples and sliced green grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment