Thursday, January 12, 2012

Updates thru 1-12-12

Add:
Dr. L Riesling, Loosen Bros., Germany
Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio, Italy
Kung Fu Girl Riesling, Charles Smith Wines, Washington
juniper berries

Change:
Due to cross-contamination problems, I'm no longer using Bob's Red Mill Ground Flax.  I am using their organic whole seed golden flax and sifting through it before grinding (in a Tri-Best personal blender with the grinding blade).  I've also found the golden flax makes baked products a nice golden color, versus the slightly gray tinge the regular flax seeds give.

2 comments:

  1. I can't use Bob's Red Mill anything, because of precisely that: cross-contamination with corn products. Sad, since our local health food store sells dozens of their products and for a good price, too.

    ambar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - it's maddening! Hopefully corn allergies are in the place gluten was in the early 90's and it'll get better.

    ReplyDelete